BMC030 - Guitar Input PCB | Barton Musical Circuits
This module is designed to provide an input/output point for guitar and other unbalanced external signals into a modular synthesizer patch. It has the following controls/inputs/outputs:
- Gain Knob – This knob controls the gain of the initial pre-amp.
- Gain Switch – This attenuates the signal before the initial pre-amp. When active, the gain range is 1-1000, when deactivated, the gain is .2 – 200.
- Envelope Sensitivity Knob – This knob controls the “release” of the envelope output.
- Gate Sensitivity Knob – This knob sets the threshold for the gate output.
- Return Volume Knob – This knob attenuates the signal going to the return jack.
- External Input – This input is where you plug in your guitar or other external signal. This is an unbalanced 1/4” input.
- Return Input – This input is for whatever you'd like to send out of the “Return Output.”
- Audio Output – This is the amplified audio sent into the external input.
- Envelope Output – This is a rectified and filtered version of the audio, useful as control voltage.
- Gate Output – This is a +5V/0V pulse, useful for triggering things like A/R generators
- Return Output – This is an unbalanced output.
- Square Output – This is a +/-5V audio pulse output.
|Brand||Barton Musical Instruments|
|Additional Resources||Build Guide|