- Dual VCA around discrete transistor OTA core
- Switchable linear or exponential VCA response
- Switchable between Audio (AC) and CV (DC) use
- Starts to pleasantly saturate beyond levels of 10Vpp (clips at 20Vpp)
- Envelope (unipolar) and modulation (bipolar) CV inputs
- Smart normalization of unused envelope inputs to allow for full-range bipolar modulation
From River Synths:
After overlooking VCAs for many years, I began to appreciate the huge range of functions they can serve up. They’re really everywhere, in simple loudness contouring circuits, tremolo effects, tone controls, filters, overdrives, mixers, amplitude modulators, panners, cross-faders, and CV performance controllers. I also learned that VCAs put their subtle signature on the overall sound of an instrument.
The VCAs in the Crux are built around newly designed operational transconductance amplifier (OTA) circuits, built from discrete transistors. If you need a super-accurate VCA, this is not for you. However, if you appreciate the warm and lively nature of discrete electronics, the Crux will serve you well.
|Brand||River Creative Technology|
|Additional Resources||Build Guide|