The SSSR Labs KOTELNIKOV is a digital voltage controlled wavetable oscillator module with morphing feature and built-in transient generator. This oscillator can generate number of sounds with diverse spectral content and combine them in various proportions. Kotelnikov can be used as a usual oscillator in a traditional subtractive synthesizer system, but it is also possible to use it as a complete voice module as it features shaped timbres, envelope generator and amplitude modulation.
- The sound engine sampling rate is locked to pitch and varies from 4.2 to 133 kHz, which gives very clear highs and uniform spectral content over the full range.
- The Pitch resolution is 6 cents and CV input sampling rate is 6 kHz, which gives smooth analogish FM-ready CV response.
- Analogue Amplitude Modulation input is bipolar, linear, rail-to-rail.
Kotelnikov contains 80 waveforms organized in 4 banks:
- DRUID: Collection of Electric Druid VCDO wavetables (used with permission)
- ATTACK: Interleaved dark/bright wavetables pairs
- HARMONIC: Frequency-relative sinewaves
- HD: Selected 12-bit wavetables
The firmware is written in Assembly language to ensure glitch-free operation and maximum working range.
The Transient Generator has 3 modes: AD/AR envelope generator or resettable LFO. Total time range of 0.4µs–10s is divided into 3 subranges. This generator is internally connected with FM and WM inputs, which helps you to achieve fluent, alive sound with no wires at all.
PCB v. 1.2 Note
All kits gathered after August, 2017 are equipped with PCB version 1.2. The version is clearly marked on both boards. This version requires one additional resistor R50 (300R), which limits current at the Gate Input, and the jumper JP2: TG Int. Mod, which controls internal connection between TG Out and FM, WM Inputs. All extra parts are already included to kits, althrough they are not mentioned in the assembly manual.