The Dual Nice Quantizer is a 2 channel voltage quantizer designed to be used with 1v/Octave oscillators. Each channel can be used completely independently of the other, though the input of channel 2 is normalled to channel 1 so a single CV source can easily be used to control two oscillators at the same time. The quantizer is capable of either unipolar (0V to 10V) or bipolar (-5V to +5V) range. There are 16 musical modes available, split into two banks of 8. The first bank is based upon the "standard" musical modes as well as a chromatic mode. The second bank uses more sparse modes.
- CV Input: This is the control voltage which will be quantized.
- Auxiliary CV Input: A second control voltage can be mixed with the input voltage.
- Trigger Input: When nothing is plugged into the input, the quantizer constantly quantizes the voltage at it's input. When a trigger source is input here, the quantizer will only quantize when a trigger is fired.
- Quantize Input: When the Quantize switch is on, plugging a gate signal into this jack allows you to use a gate to turn quantizing on or off. When off the quantizer will output whatever voltage is input.
- OUT: This is the quantized voltage.
- Mode Knob: This selects which of the 8 modes in the selected bank is used for quantizing.
- Mode Switch: This switch selects which bank of modes is used in selecting musical mode.
- Range Switch: This selects the voltage range, either 0 to +10V or -5V to +5V
- Quantize Switch: This turns quantizing off or on.
- CV Attenuate/Offset Knob: When nothing is plugged into the Auxiliary CV Input, this knob adds an offset to the CV input. When there is something plugged into the Auxiliary CV Input, this knob attenuates that voltage
All Inputs/Outputs/Controls are repeated for each channel.
|Brand||Barton Musical Instruments|
|Additional Resources||Build Guide|