The Serge Variable Slope filter (VCFS) and Variable Resonance filter (VCFQ) is an combination of the two famous and essential filters of the Serge system. The VARIABLE Q VCF (VCFQ) is an excellent general-purpose VCF that provides simultaneous low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch (band-reject) outputs combined with unique flexibility. Its trigger in, LOW mode and self osciallation allow a variety of uses from Oscillator to VC processing. The Variable Slope filter (VCFS) allows the amount of filtering to be dynamically controlled as well, from barely perceptible filtering to highly resonant, sharp cut-offs. The VCFS has an unrivaled unique, organic characteristic. With the support of Serge Tcherepnin, the Random*Source version adds abjustable resonance - expanding the filter's character way beyond what's been possible with the original version.
Some details of the Random*Source Serge filters module:
- Under licence from Serge Tcherepnin
- High-end VCAs (THAT2180) - no matching of transistors required
- Additional Resonance pot (Q) on the VCFS
- No wiring needed (except for one switch)
- 4x4 format (4U high - this is not Eurorack!)