Jürgen Haible's legendary redesign of the Tau "The Pipe" Flanger - actually, a Phaser, using 20 (twenty!) all pass filter stages is back in a slightly modernized version, including some additions and modifications compared to the original Haible board:
- Transistor arrays (for the 20 poles): pcb supports super-matched THAT300 (DIP) or BCM847DS (SMT).
- Obsolete CA3046 in the 1/x function generator has been replaced by LM3046 (SMT).
- MTA-156 power connector for +/-15V added - don't install the onboard-PSU parts if you use +/-15V!!!
- MTA-156 power connector can also be used for 10 pin Euro power connectors - please note that +/-12V is experimental, not supported (yet), see below!
- LFO: slow mode option has been added (simply connect L* to UP2 or DOWN1 via SPDT switch).
- Optional CV mixer/processor has been added (untested!).
- Connectors have been moved to the edge of the board to allow connecting component pcbs via pin headers - downside: space may be too tight to use normal headers. Workaround: use (breakable) precision sockets for manual wiring or testing.
- pcb size: 6" x 3.4"
|Additional Resources||Build Guide & Bill of Materials|