Twists and warps two signals into one.
With a powerful digital core, Warps provides a collection of 6 modulation methods that can be continuously blended into one another: crossfading, cross-wavefolding, diode ring-modulation, balanced modulation (multiplication), XOR modulation, and waveform comparison/doubling. Each of these algorithms has a voltage-controlled timbre parameter, providing a variable level of tone coloration - from slight and sweet to harsh.
In addition, Warps provides a 20-band vocoder, with control over the envelope followers' decay time and the "warping" of the formants.
Before being processed, the two input audio signals are gain-controlled - with a linear and clean curve degenerating into analog-like saturation at the far end of the CV input range.
Warps can replace its first channel (carrier signal) by an internal oscillator, with sine, triangle, sawtooth, vocal buzz or noise waveforms.
- Continuous morphing between 7 cross-modulation algorithms: crossfade, cross-folding, digital model of analog diode ring-modulation, digital ring-modulation, bitwise XOR modulation, octaver/comparator, 20-band vocoder.
- Control of timbre richness/brightness.
- Each audio input has a built-in digital VCA with emulation of analog soft-clipping.
- Audio input 1 can be replaced by an internal digital oscillator with through-zero FM. Available waveforms: sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse, filtered noise.
NOTE: All Mutated modules are designed by Olivier Gillet, and are CC-BY-SA.
- Do NOT ask on the mutable forums or email Mutable Instruments for help. There is literally ZERO support offered from those channels - don't be an ass. A number of Facebook groups exist to help with DIY builds, and we're happy to help as well.
- Do NOT (re)sell these, passing them off as factory modules. Seriously - don't be an ass.
- Do NOT be totally scared of SMT. If you haven't done it before, it's off-putting, we get it - but give yourself a chance. Learn something. That's what (we think) DIY is all about. We're keeping the prices on these low enough that you can afford to try and fail!
- DO have a ton of fun building them, and use them to create awesome sounds. Then go buy a Mutable Instruments module and SUPPORT Olivier's designs, directly.
Specs & Downloads
Specs & Downloads
|Additional Resources||Mouser BOM|