Rings brings physical modelling synthesis to your Eurorack system, from a more modular angle than Braids’ models or Elements. Instead of trying to be a complete instrument, Rings focuses on the key ingredient, the resonator, ready to be excited by envelope clicks, trigger pulses, granular noise or any other audio source produced by the rest of your system.
Three families of vibrating structures are simulated by the module, with CV control over their parameters:
- Strings, membranes and tubes as modelled by Elements’ resonator section (modal synthesis).
- Strings coupled together and vibrating in sympathy, with controllable intervals between them.
- Strings with a variable amount of inharmonicity.
Rings can be configured so that each new note is played on its own virtual string, while the previously played note(s) still decay. This unique take on polyphony allows the module to play strummed chords.
NOTE: All Mutated modules are designed by Olivier Gillet, and are CC-BY-SA.
- Do NOT ask on the mutable forums or email Mutable Instruments for help. There is literally ZERO support offered from those channels - don't be an ass. A number of Facebook groups exist to help with DIY builds, and we're happy to help as well.
- Do NOT (re)sell these, passing them off as factory modules. Seriously - don't be an ass.
- Do NOT be totally scared of SMT. If you haven't done it before, it's off-putting, we get it - but give yourself a chance. Learn something. That's what (we think) DIY is all about. We're keeping the prices on these low enough that you can afford to try and fail!
- DO have a ton of fun building them, and use them to create awesome sounds. Then go buy a Mutable Instruments module and SUPPORT Olivier's designs, directly.
Specs & Downloads
Specs & Downloads
|Additional Resources||Mouser BOM|