Four channels of soundchip-style sounds, with frequency CV control and Gate control (note on/off).
Channels 1 and 3 are square/pulse (4 MHz clock rate) with 5 preset duty cycles. Extra modulation options are 1>2 sync, 1^2 ringmod and 1^3 ringmod. Channel 4 is either a NES-triangle or one of several flavors of pitched LSFR noise.
Bonus features: 8-step sequence recorder for each channel (individually clocked by the channel's GATE input) ; input CV quantizer ; DIY MIDI interface.
NOTE: All Mutated modules are designed by Olivier Gillet, and are CC-BY-SA.
- Do NOT ask on the mutable forums or email Mutable Instruments for help. There is literally ZERO support offered from those channels - don't be an ass. A number of Facebook groups exist to help with DIY builds, and we're happy to help as well.
- Do NOT (re)sell these, passing them off as factory modules. Seriously - don't be an ass.
- Do NOT be totally scared of SMT. If you haven't done it before, it's off-putting, we get it - but give yourself a chance. Learn something. That's what (we think) DIY is all about. We're keeping the prices on these low enough that you can afford to try and fail!
- DO have a ton of fun building them, and use them to create awesome sounds. Then go buy a Mutable Instruments module and SUPPORT Olivier's designs, directly.
Specs & Downloads
Specs & Downloads
|Additional Resources||Mouser BOM|
Customer Reviews (1)
- Good, just remember to change the makefileReview by DameonC
- if you are using mcp3208 then don't forget to un-comment in the makefile "EXTRA_DEFINES = -DOCTAL_ADC" or else oscillators 3 and 4 will not work properly. Otherwise, no issues. It's a good board but the lettering and numbering for components is slightly blurry. Having a printout of board handy from the eagle files is very handy as well. (Posted on 9/7/2016)