You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Analogue hihat circuitry capable of synthesising vanilla TR-808 open and closed hihat sounds (simultaneously)
- External audio input lets you synthesise hihats from virtually any sound source (Jupiter Storm, vcNOIZ, etc.)
- Lo-fidelity original VCAs replaced by OTA-based modern VCAs
- VCA DRIVE control for each hihat allows you to dial in anything from soft metallic hihats to extremely overdriven, crunchy hihats
- Exclusive switch lets you select how the two hihats (open/closed) interact with eachother when triggered at the same time
- Cutoff frequency control for internal resonant bandpass filter
- Resonant filter can be switched on/off
- Modular level mutual accent input (0-5V CV)
- Trigger input accepts almost anything as a trigger signal
- Non-invasive analogue optocouplers used for voltage control, thus, completely vintage sounds can still be had if that's what you're after!
- Completely redesigned, hi-fi signal chain spares no expense by replacing cheap transistor amplifiers with low noise opamp and OTA equivalents
- You can dial in super hot, modular level output levels (up to 20Vp-p!)
Specs & Downloads
Specs & Downloads
|Additional Resources||Build Guide Bill of Materials Mouser Cart|
Customer Reviews (2)
- **** +1 would build againReview by Dru
- This build is really nice. The triple pcb stack is a bit involved but a fun build overall. The sound is nice. Closed hats are great open hats have a lot of control in the decay. You can get really long decays. Overdrive is nice. The filter is really good. Very crisp. (Posted on 9/1/2016)
- Love itReview by Thom
This is a great module. Pretty straightforward build, too. Be warned, though, the build instructions are not super-detailed.
Two things that were minor hurdles for me. First, calibration is tricky in that the "window" is pretty small and I had to turn the trim pot many turns. Second, one of the caps shorted something that made the closed hat very quiet. I had to put in a little extra space when I put the boards together.
All that being said, it was a very rewarding build. And I love me some hi hats. (Posted on 8/11/2016)