You have no items in your shopping cart.
Just like the other Mutant Drums, the Clap is a highly versatile module. It is actually a voltage controlled LFSR noise oscillator as well as a powerful percussion synthesis engine!
- Feature-rich, analogue handclap percussion synthesis reminiscent of the 909
- Pitch control of noise generator means you can create everything from vanilla 909 claps to broken, chiptune-like alien sounds
- Doubles as a voltage controlled, Commodore64-sounding noise VCO via the NOISE output and PITCH CV input
- SUSTAIN control lets you crank up the clap's sustain and use the module as an abstract synth voice with external inputs!
- External input allows you to synthesise claps from virtually any sound source you plug in
- Built in internal reverb effect derived from clap tone
- Reverb decay forms the decay of the clap sound, and is fully voltage controllable from short reverb "snaps" to long, whooshing tails!
- You can select between internal and external noise sources as the source for the reverb sound generation, opening up really interesting sounds
- DRIVE control lets you dial in anything from clean to extremely overdriven sounds
- Bandpass filter cutoff control
Specs & Downloads
Specs & Downloads
|Additional Resources||Build Guide Bill of Materials Mouser Cart|
Customer Reviews (1)
- Pretty goodReview by Thom
As far as the build goes, it went well. Calibration was a bit tricky, but that may be just me since I'm sorta new to this stuff. The instructions weren't very detailed, but you can figure it out. (Same for Mutant Hihats. Be careful enough with those headers!)
Sound wise it's really good. I don't know if I'd say great, but that may change once I have more time with it. You can get some really crazy stuff out of it, but maybe too crazy for me to use. The more standard stuff sounds great, but there isn't a huge amount of wiggle room in the "standard clap" space.
All that being said, it's a happy addition. I picked up some orange Davies knobs for it, so it looks pretty sweet, too! (Posted on 8/11/2016)