The Variable Stepped Voltage Generator is a new synth module designed to create control voltages based on gate and trigger inputs. When the voltage is used to control pitch, this acts in the opposing way of BMC006 the Voltage to Rhythm Converter and acts as a sort of rhythm to voltage converter.
- CV Input - This external CV input is used to determine the size of a voltage step, basically, the smallest unit of pitch change created. This input has it's own attenuator and there is a manual offset for the same control.
- Step Increase/Decrease Inputs - These inputs either increase or decrease the output voltage by a number of steps depending on which input. They increase by either 1, 2 or 4 steps and decrease by either 1, 2 or 4 steps. A gate or trigger input should be used.
- Reverse - When a trigger is inputted to the Reverse input, the step increase and step decrease inputs swap functions, so a trigger to a step increase input would cause a decrease and vice versa.
- Reset To Top - When a trigger is inputted, this causes the output voltage to go to the highest possible voltage.
- Reset To Bottom - When a trigger is inputted, this causes the output voltage to go to zero volts.
- Update - This control's input is normalled to a high gate signal when nothing is plugged in. When a gate or trigger signal is inputted it causes the module to read the cv input, when no gate or trigger is inputted it uses the last read cv input.
- CV Out - This outputs a control voltage.
- At Top - This outputs a gate signal when the output voltage reaches the maximum through increasing steps (does not turn on when using "reset to top" input)
- At Bottom - This outputs a gate singal when the output voltage reaches zero volts through deccreasing steps.
- Manual Step Size - This is a manual offset for the CV Input for step size.
- Quantize - This is a toggle switch which controls whether or not the CV output is quantized to 12 steps per octave.
- Upon Reset (optional) - These controls route the At Top and At Bottom outputs to either the Reset at Top/Bottom or Reverse directions.
- Increase/Decrease Step Buttons - These pushbuttons send manual gate signals to the Increase/Decrease step controls.
Specs & Downloads
Specs & Downloads
|Additional Resources||Build Guide|