The Rando-Chordo is a module which takes a single CV input and then applies multiple randomly selected offsets to this voltage, quantizes the input and the offset voltages, creating 4 notes of CV from a single input. It features the following controls/inputs/outputs.
- MODE. This knob selects what musical mode to quantize to. The chart on the right illustrates the modes, in order of most counter clockwise knob position to most clockwise.
- RANGE. This knob limits the range of the offsets. At it's most clockwise position offsets can be as far as 2.5volts (two and a half octaves) away from the input voltage. At it's most counter-clockwise, there is no offset.
- AUXCV. This knob controls how much of the auxiliary CV is used to modify the main CV input. When no external CV is inputted, it will act as a manual offset to the CV input.
- NEW. This is the only pushbutton control. It causes a new set of offsets to be generated.
- TUNE. This sets all the outputs to 1V. This allows you to tune all of your oscillators to the same note.
- 5THs. This switch sets output #2 to always play a fifth above output #1, ignoring both the normal voltage offset and what mode you are quantized to.
- INVERSIONS. This switch allows for negative offsets to be applied, creating inverted chords where the root note is no longer the lowest note heard.
- QUANT BEFORE OFF. This control sets it so that the input voltage is quantized before the other offsets are applied. The result of this is that all notes in a chord will change at once.
- CV IN. This is the main CV input. It should be between 0 and 5volts, but an offset can be applied by the AUXCV knob when not using the auxiliary CV.
- AUX CV IN. This is an input for the auxiliary CV.
- SAMPLE IN. A trigger can be input here to get a sample-and-hold type effect on the input CV, or a gate can be input for a track-and-hold effect. This is useful when using rapidly moving CV sources. When nothing is plugged in, it continually samples the input voltage.
- NEW IN. A trigger or gate on this input causes a new set of offsets to be generated.
- OUT 1. This is a quantized version of the input CV.
- OUT 2-4. These are outputs of quantized offsetted input CV.
- Chromatic. All 12 semitones.
- Major. 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 8th, 10th and 12th
- Minor. 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 9th and 11th
- Whole. 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th
- Major 7th chord. 1st, 5th, 8th and 12th
- Major Pentatonic. 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th
- Octave and 5th. 1st and 8th
- Octave. 1st
Specs & Downloads
Specs & Downloads
|Additional Resources||Build Guide|